A subsidiary of MiTAC International Corp, Mio Technology develops and markets products, which enable users to get the most from the latest car GPS navigation mobile system services. The brand was established in May 2002 and now has operations in Taiwan, mainland China, Europe, North America, Australia, Japan and South Korea. Mio currently employees 1,700+ employees worldwide and sells and markets its products in over 56 countries and territories.
It is Mio’s prediction that mobile life and mobile business will be the mainstay of life in the future. Its products and services, including Personal Navigation Device (PND), GPS TV, GPS Phone and Mobile Internet Devices (MID), have been developed by focusing on the needs of customers. Mio’s brand tag line, “Explore More”, focuses on changing the way people experience the world and lets users know that they can explore the world easily and freely.
Mio has – in only a few years – become one of the leading players in the mobile GPS industry, bringing mobility, navigation, and quality to an ever-growing audience all over the world.
Mio’s audiences are highly likely to travel; magazines have a global circulation; the Internet makes information accessible to anyone, anywhere. Building a strong and consistent, the Mio brand presents itself as a user-focused provider of great customer experiences. It has helped Mio to become recognized, respected, and trusted throughout the world and, as such, contributes to establishing Mio as a strong market leader and the leading brand in the markets we operate.
Mio & The Environment:
As a global leading GPS brand, Mio has a responsibility to minimize the impact on the environment and society. The company is continuously improving their environmental impact during the product lifecycle by reducing product size and weight, removing hazardous substances, improving manufacturing processes and designing more easily recyclable products. As well as improving their product’s impact on the environment, Mio also actively consume less energy and resources throughout all aspects of the work environment around the world to protect earth. The company’s’ employees also regularly participate in environmentally friendly activities to contribute to the places they live.
* Reduced product weight and size to save fuel consumption during transportation.
* Reduced package sizes to reduce the number of flights needed for transportation.
* Reduced the number of materials which cause CO2 emissions during their production in our products.
* Reduced unnecessary electricity consumption in Mio’s global offices.
* Implemented e-documentation to save paper consumption.
* Implemented the use of virtual servers to save electricity consumption.
* Introduced solar as an alternative energy source to heat water in factory dormitories in China.
* Designed an economical routing mode in our Spirit navigation software to minimize fuel usage.
* Encouraged Mio employees to car pool for commuting to work and to reduce CO2 emissions from cars.
* Mio employees have joined regular cycling tours to promote a low carbon lifestyle.